Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2015

Outdoor fest

Hi everyone!

I am finally done writing my Bachelor project, I only have to get my presentation ready, so I can start blogging again. I haven't been doing much since my last post because, as you know, I've had a lot of work to do. But I had so much fun last weekend, and I will tell you about it.

A good friend of mine was going to be in my town the whole weekend to promote a wheelchair version of the Segway and he asked me to join him so that we could have some fun together. It was part of an event, the Outdoor fest, which included, among many other sports, a FMX show. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love action sports, so I was stoked when I heard that I could even get to ride on their bikes.

The first day was pretty fun, I loved spending some time with my friend and using Genny, the wheelchair he was promoting. Unfortunately, the bikes were not there yet.
On Saturday I woke up early and decided to spend the whole day at the event, I didn't want to miss any FMX show and I wanted to ride Genny on the beach.
When I got there, one of the riders started talking to me and I told him that if I was going to ride with him he had to do something cool, because I am used to watching FMX and a little speed won't be enough to satisfy my needs. We started joking around and then he made me ride with him, I had fun even though he didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Unfortunately, it was pretty windy, so they couldn't really do the show as planned. 
I went to lunch with my friend and then we tried the chairs on the beach. It was a great feeling because I could move around in the sand without having to walk (I hate walking!). He said I am a good rider and we were both happy.
I spent most of the afternoon in the FMX area: even though it was still windy and they couldn't do many shows, they were all very nice and fun to be around. One of my favorite things about action sports is that most riders are very kind to each other and in general, sometimes it almost feels like family. 
After dinner the wind was not as strong and they could jump under the fireworks. It was a beautiful show, but at some point it started raining hard, so they had to stop.

On Sunday I spent most of the day with the riders, I watched the shows and got to ride again. I am trying to talk them into letting me try something a bit more extreme, but for now I thank them for what they have done so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?