Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

World Down Syndrome Day!


Today is World Down Syndrome Day! This post is dedicated to my friends with Down Syndrome.

A lot of people think having a kid with Down Syndrome is a tragedy, but I know that is not true.
I am not an expert, and I know having a kid with a disability (of any kind) can be hard sometimes, but I also know that it is definitely worth it!
I have met quite a few people with Down Syndrome, and they were all extremely joyful and kind. I wish people understood that they sometimes see the world in a different way, but they are not so different from others, because in the end we are all different. I think we should be thankful for this diversity, because it makes us all richer!
My wish for all the people with DS is that society understands their value and abilities and enables them to live a full and normal life and that this prejudice towards them stops.

To my friends with Down Syndrome: you are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?